Whoa, Summer

Whoa, summer. 
You are slipping by us faster each day.
I've begun feeling that tug inwards - crochet projects, evenings inside earlier, cool mornings in bed longer, bigger dinners, candlelight...

Yet summer still calls for us.
The beach hasn't been visited nearly enough. The playground is still taking up so much of Tessa's thoughts. Meals outside are still a must.

Slowly though, I notice just hints of summer's end and I'm not yet ready to give in.















It is a goldfinch who has been enjoying our volunteer sunflower. Each morning you can see him out there enjoying his snack before the sparrows flock in.

We've been adding "art installations" to our garden which may sound quite fancy for many folks but for us, that means beach driftwood we love nailed to the back of the garage and collected feathers hung in windows. Tessa, though, has taken quite an interest and built us this fabulous art piece from what she had on hand.

Our summer's prize - started from seed, the Tie Dye Pink Berkeley tomato rocks! Plus the name is pretty rad, too.

 We headed to our secret spot last week to watch the shooting stars. This was our first time as a family of three and it was like a totally new experience from when we'd go up there, just Scott and I. It ended up being too cloudy but it was fun to pack up the car in the twilight and sneak off to try and watch the stars.

These gym rings have been such a gift for Tessa. She is out there on them any free time she has.
She is incredible on them! Look at her strength!

Ally, at her usual post, is growing in her summer haircut. Now we don't chuckle when she's not looking.

Maggie is still garden explorer.
That just never gets old.

And our garden. Oh, our garden.
I cannot explain how much joy this transformation has given me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Other Blogs I Love

  • How charming is this little hobbitesque house? It was built by Simon Dale for his family for only £3000. The frame of the house is made from locally s...
  • Love, Melanie
  • Hello, dear friends! I'm so sorry I've been absent here for so long! Summer has been so wonderfully busy and full of joy. We have been doing lots of things...
  • Many moons ago when I was studying agriculture as a farm apprentice I became close friends with my bunk mate Ian. Ian and I didn’t have much in common at f...
  • There was a slight shift in my breathing this weekend, as I settled into a few projects here at home. The first few weeks of this whole thing felt like a f...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Meet The Author

I’m Stephanie, the mind and Momma behind The Heirloom Family. I created this blog as a way to capture the magic of our family and the beauty of every day slow and simple living. I also hope it serves as an inspiration to you as well.

Nestled in our little corner of the Earth in Western New York, I am lucky enough to share my home with my husband and our daughter, along with 4 cheerful cats.

We strive for a wholesome life, one that is slow and steady. I want to breathe it in, this time we have, and I might just be lucky enough to see the magic in it all.

There are so many things in life that I love – nature. crochet. photography. gardening. cooking. faith. honey. reading. sunsets and sunrises. flowers. ballet. enchantment. Dave Matthews Band. the moon. rainbows. babywearing. lavender and sandalwood. celebrations. music. hippie. poetry. love. the forest. romantic history. cats. dreamcatchers. wool. heritage. family. lilac. red wine. memories.