Nest Hunt

It can be challenging to get the motivation to go outside everyday when it's cold. In order to combat that for myself (since Tessa enjoys it no matter the weather) I make projects out of it.

Today we are going for a nest hunt. This season, many animals are hunkered down in their nests so I thought it would be fun to see what we could observe on a walk around the neighborhood.



There were nests everywhere!






We investigated ice.






We made a secret hiding spot in the field.



We discovered an awesome walking stick!






And played a bit of hide-and-go-seek.



It was cold today, no doubt about it, but we were dressed for it and ended up having a great adventure.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Meet The Author

I’m Stephanie, the mind and Momma behind The Heirloom Family. I created this blog as a way to capture the magic of our family and the beauty of every day slow and simple living. I also hope it serves as an inspiration to you as well.

Nestled in our little corner of the Earth in Western New York, I am lucky enough to share my home with my husband and our daughter, along with 4 cheerful cats.

We strive for a wholesome life, one that is slow and steady. I want to breathe it in, this time we have, and I might just be lucky enough to see the magic in it all.

There are so many things in life that I love – nature. crochet. photography. gardening. cooking. faith. honey. reading. sunsets and sunrises. flowers. ballet. enchantment. Dave Matthews Band. the moon. rainbows. babywearing. lavender and sandalwood. celebrations. music. hippie. poetry. love. the forest. romantic history. cats. dreamcatchers. wool. heritage. family. lilac. red wine. memories.