Watercolor


Our family strives to keep a strong rhythm to our days and in our home, Wednesdays are our art day. 
For us, that usually translates to watercolor painting.


Throughout the week, we have our fair share of crayons and stickers, glue and pipe cleaners, but Wednesdays are intentionally special and the reverence for the art we create then is tangible.
We light candles, tell a story and then let our imagination take hold.


Watercolor is special in that when you use the correct paper and paint, the colors just blend and flow so the artist can truly play and get to know that specific color they are working with.
No matter what you create, it simply looks beautiful.


Even the rag we save for painting ends up looking pretty.


We use Stockmar paint concentrate, only needing the 3 primary colors.


These little jars last forever because they are added to water. 
Also, with having a three year old, we generally only work with one color (maybe two) at a time.


It is a bit pricey but all worth your money.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Other Blogs I Love

  • How charming is this little hobbitesque house? It was built by Simon Dale for his family for only £3000. The frame of the house is made from locally s...
  • Love, Melanie
  • Hello, dear friends! I'm so sorry I've been absent here for so long! Summer has been so wonderfully busy and full of joy. We have been doing lots of things...
  • Many moons ago when I was studying agriculture as a farm apprentice I became close friends with my bunk mate Ian. Ian and I didn’t have much in common at f...
  • There was a slight shift in my breathing this weekend, as I settled into a few projects here at home. The first few weeks of this whole thing felt like a f...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Meet The Author

I’m Stephanie, the mind and Momma behind The Heirloom Family. I created this blog as a way to capture the magic of our family and the beauty of every day slow and simple living. I also hope it serves as an inspiration to you as well.

Nestled in our little corner of the Earth in Western New York, I am lucky enough to share my home with my husband and our daughter, along with 4 cheerful cats.

We strive for a wholesome life, one that is slow and steady. I want to breathe it in, this time we have, and I might just be lucky enough to see the magic in it all.

There are so many things in life that I love – nature. crochet. photography. gardening. cooking. faith. honey. reading. sunsets and sunrises. flowers. ballet. enchantment. Dave Matthews Band. the moon. rainbows. babywearing. lavender and sandalwood. celebrations. music. hippie. poetry. love. the forest. romantic history. cats. dreamcatchers. wool. heritage. family. lilac. red wine. memories.