A Girl and Her Cat


You know when you can see love? Like actually see it? That's how Tessa and our third cat, Maggie, are - inseparable.


They drive each other bonkers most of the time. Tessa smothering Maggie with love. Maggie scratching on her beloved cherrywood play stands. But these two just have a special connection between them ever since I was carrying her throughout pregnancy. Maggie always loved snuggling my belly.



Today, Tessa and I were eating chocolate chip pancakes on the front porch enjoying the beauty of the morning when Maggie was crying to come out with us. She is an indoor-only cat along with our other three however, of them all, Maggie enjoys being outside with us the most. Since we weren't leaving the porch, I let her come out with us and those two were just having a blast.



A girl and her cat man, everyone needs a pair.


Yes, that's how they sleep next to each other.





















Now, we have three other cats (Maggie was our second adopted) which include Molly, Ally and Soleil.

Molly is a finicky gal who loves affection on her own terms. That can be difficult with a toddler but when the stars align (aka, Tessa is sleeping), Molly feels safe enough to hang with her.


Ally, a wonderfully sweet beauty, loves time with Momma and Daddy but is smart enough to escape the over-affection of our Tess.

And Soleil is a cat-in-progress as she slowly tries to trust us humans. It was a huge accomplishment when she let Tess read her a story.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Other Blogs I Love

  • How charming is this little hobbitesque house? It was built by Simon Dale for his family for only £3000. The frame of the house is made from locally s...
  • Love, Melanie
  • Hello, dear friends! I'm so sorry I've been absent here for so long! Summer has been so wonderfully busy and full of joy. We have been doing lots of things...
  • Many moons ago when I was studying agriculture as a farm apprentice I became close friends with my bunk mate Ian. Ian and I didn’t have much in common at f...
  • There was a slight shift in my breathing this weekend, as I settled into a few projects here at home. The first few weeks of this whole thing felt like a f...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Meet The Author

I’m Stephanie, the mind and Momma behind The Heirloom Family. I created this blog as a way to capture the magic of our family and the beauty of every day slow and simple living. I also hope it serves as an inspiration to you as well.

Nestled in our little corner of the Earth in Western New York, I am lucky enough to share my home with my husband and our daughter, along with 4 cheerful cats.

We strive for a wholesome life, one that is slow and steady. I want to breathe it in, this time we have, and I might just be lucky enough to see the magic in it all.

There are so many things in life that I love – nature. crochet. photography. gardening. cooking. faith. honey. reading. sunsets and sunrises. flowers. ballet. enchantment. Dave Matthews Band. the moon. rainbows. babywearing. lavender and sandalwood. celebrations. music. hippie. poetry. love. the forest. romantic history. cats. dreamcatchers. wool. heritage. family. lilac. red wine. memories.