Precious Tessa


This moment in time is precious. Every bit about her is beautiful and inspiring.
This is my little girl.




I sneaked upstairs this afternoon as she declared for the first time, that she wanted to sleep in her (newly pink) bedroom. 

As I nursed her and she gently fell asleep, I couldn't help but notice every precious detail about my sweet girl. 

How did she get so big, so fast? I'm not really sure but I do know that I have been purposeful is savoring every moment I share with her.


I've worked diligently on getting all the details right for her new room. I wanted to provide her a gentle space that was beautiful and quaint where she could dreamily spend her time.


She deserves to protected in this way, as do all children. Her mind is so fragile, ready to soak up whatever is supplied, so I strive to provide a sense of warmth and magic to create the memories which will occupy her imagination forever.


She will grow up soon enough. Why should I rush it?
Show her raw and negative things to prepare her for the "real world"? No thanks.
She'll be bombarded by those things soon enough, when she's old enough to handle them.


In the meantime, I will provide her a space to understand that she is worthy of all, safely protected and can dream anything she would like.
I will build her up before the world tries to tear her down so she is strong enough to stay steadfast in her amazing ways.


It's our job as her parents to show her the world.
I define that as the ability to explore and seek the wonder of it all freely.
Providing her with gentleness and softness where she will learn the comfort of others.
And finding the beauty in the most simple of things.



I want the world to seem big to her, something she would like to conquer rather than be limited by.
I want enchantment to hide around every corner where she seeks it.
I want her to get lost in the world of stories and memories.
I want her to be drawn to nature in the most driving ways.
She deserves that.


Bare feet to feel the coolness of the morning dew on the grass.
Wild hair that smells of the sand and sun.
Clothes that flow freely in the wind.
Skin that is speckled with tiny cuts, bruises, flower petals and mud.
A tummy full from eating under ripe blueberries from the garden.
A voice that projects the beauty she has discovered in this world.
Eyes that are deep and magical like the Northern Lights.
Lips so gentle that kiss everything to make it better.
Hands that are giving, kind and useful.
A heart full of love to give and love received.
A mind and soul that seeks excitement and total exhilaration.


That's my precious Tessa.


You rock my everything sweet girl.


Thank you for showing me the world again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Other Blogs I Love

  • How charming is this little hobbitesque house? It was built by Simon Dale for his family for only £3000. The frame of the house is made from locally s...
  • Love, Melanie
  • Hello, dear friends! I'm so sorry I've been absent here for so long! Summer has been so wonderfully busy and full of joy. We have been doing lots of things...
  • Many moons ago when I was studying agriculture as a farm apprentice I became close friends with my bunk mate Ian. Ian and I didn’t have much in common at f...
  • There was a slight shift in my breathing this weekend, as I settled into a few projects here at home. The first few weeks of this whole thing felt like a f...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Meet The Author

I’m Stephanie, the mind and Momma behind The Heirloom Family. I created this blog as a way to capture the magic of our family and the beauty of every day slow and simple living. I also hope it serves as an inspiration to you as well.

Nestled in our little corner of the Earth in Western New York, I am lucky enough to share my home with my husband and our daughter, along with 4 cheerful cats.

We strive for a wholesome life, one that is slow and steady. I want to breathe it in, this time we have, and I might just be lucky enough to see the magic in it all.

There are so many things in life that I love – nature. crochet. photography. gardening. cooking. faith. honey. reading. sunsets and sunrises. flowers. ballet. enchantment. Dave Matthews Band. the moon. rainbows. babywearing. lavender and sandalwood. celebrations. music. hippie. poetry. love. the forest. romantic history. cats. dreamcatchers. wool. heritage. family. lilac. red wine. memories.