Smoke Creek Hike

We left it up to Dad to decide what he'd like to do today in order to celebrate his special day. His response, not surprising, "go for a hike" which we happily obliged.

We recently scored this awesome book "Someplace to Go on Sunday" from The Paperback Swap which is a small handbook containing out-of-the-way nature places to visit. We have quite a few of these types of books on our shelves that we enjoy so I was surprised to find one I hadn't heard of practically right around the corner from us, Smoke Creek.

On our way to the creek bed we crossed this old playground set in the middle of clearing of the woods. Snapping this picture, you couldn't tell if it was 2014 or 1953.


We enjoyed playing for a bit before the sun became too intense.




It was a such a peaceful space that barely seems to bring an audience anymore. Therefore, its a magical place to see critters of all kinds.

Do you see the chipmunk?


 How about now?


 He was darn sweet, balancing between running to hide and peeking around the tree to see what we were up to.



We finally got down to the creek bed and were delighted to see the tiny minnows swarming round in a huge school.




All things here are beautiful.




I love these faces.




I adore being Momma.


And he cherishes being Daddy.


We picked up rocks to splash into the water.








When you want to know what my world looks like, this... this right here is my world.




And I'm so lucky to be a part of it.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Other Blogs I Love

  • How charming is this little hobbitesque house? It was built by Simon Dale for his family for only £3000. The frame of the house is made from locally s...
  • Love, Melanie
  • Hello, dear friends! I'm so sorry I've been absent here for so long! Summer has been so wonderfully busy and full of joy. We have been doing lots of things...
  • Many moons ago when I was studying agriculture as a farm apprentice I became close friends with my bunk mate Ian. Ian and I didn’t have much in common at f...
  • There was a slight shift in my breathing this weekend, as I settled into a few projects here at home. The first few weeks of this whole thing felt like a f...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Meet The Author

I’m Stephanie, the mind and Momma behind The Heirloom Family. I created this blog as a way to capture the magic of our family and the beauty of every day slow and simple living. I also hope it serves as an inspiration to you as well.

Nestled in our little corner of the Earth in Western New York, I am lucky enough to share my home with my husband and our daughter, along with 4 cheerful cats.

We strive for a wholesome life, one that is slow and steady. I want to breathe it in, this time we have, and I might just be lucky enough to see the magic in it all.

There are so many things in life that I love – nature. crochet. photography. gardening. cooking. faith. honey. reading. sunsets and sunrises. flowers. ballet. enchantment. Dave Matthews Band. the moon. rainbows. babywearing. lavender and sandalwood. celebrations. music. hippie. poetry. love. the forest. romantic history. cats. dreamcatchers. wool. heritage. family. lilac. red wine. memories.